3.16.2011

{zen}

ask anyone.

i am naturally a non-stop, long to-do list writing, always busy with something, "don't worry i can handle it by myself" kind of girl. i like to go go go. my days "off" are often filled with crafty projects i've been itching to start. or errands. or appointments. or reorganizing my storage closet/pantry/sock drawer. or some fun adventure i've plotted out in my mind. or vacuuming during commercial breaks. i'm just not a fan of sitting still for very long.

but occasionally, my brain slows down a bit and i just exist. quietly. calmly. 

it's a nice break to my otherwise overactive lifestyle (similar to overactive bladder...minus the need for depends). 

recently, i found myself in that rare, peaceful state and lounged in my bathrobe all day long. pretty glorious, right?  i was scheduled to have work obligations all weekend...so when that got done early, i had nothing else planned. i talked on the phone, i browsed the endless pit i like to call the internet and i drank tea for hours. lots and lots of tea.

let's rewind a bit...my fiancé and i squeezed a date night in late last saturday and stopped by the teavana store before our movie started (cedar rapids, if you were wondering...we were in the mood for easy laughs). i still can't decide if this idea was bad or pure genius. *for those of you who don't know, teavana sells delicious loose leaf tea in bulk and every sort of fancy tea "accessory" known to man.* the results thus-far have been nothing short of spectacular. the smell of white youthberry tea steeping in my kitchen is heavenly. this was a nice change of pace. 

after all...who doesn't need a little zen in their life, right?


raw german rock sugar...only the best thing since toasters and dry shampoo.

1 comment:

khusted said...

Love the shoutout to dry shampoo. Oh, glorious.