2.12.2011

{26}

i woke up uncharacteristically early this morning (as in 5:15am)...and i'm still conscious. i wasn't sure i would survive waking up that early on a saturday. this is a clear sign that i must finally be getting older oh, nevermind.

*deep breathing*

how did i go from age 12 to 26 overnight?! it's not the actual aging process that i mind. i can handle the laugh lines and slowing metabolism...it's mostly the extra responsibility and increasing consequences when i do something wrong. "ohhh you mean 8 percent of my already low income needs to go in a 401K?" talk about kicking a girl while she's down.

with the "joys" of getting older aside, i had a spectacularly great birthday. this year was lovely and fun in a subdued way. 
the celebration started last weekend during round 1,836 of the blizzard. since so many birthdays in our family are crammed into 3 weeks we shared the cake at my parents' house (and down-sized the number of candles...since 111 would have set the whole house on fire).


 the next day, this little present came in the mail!
 my dear friend ashley, a.k.a hashbrowns, delivered the first (and most spot-on) birthday surprise this week. she knows i love photos, cooking (i.e. eating) and off-beat, thoughtful gifts. i squealed with delight when this arrived all the way from north carolina. 
*big thanks to gwen for getting me hooked on the pioneer woman!*



kody had a busy week with work and air force duties, so we enjoyed a quiet dinner on wednesday night at one of our favorite restaurants. we had no idea the loft was so peaceful during the week...we loved our little birthday/valentine combo celebration. it was such a special mid-week treat!




on my actual birthday, my co-workers spoiled me with homemade treats and goodies. my best friend (andrea - sweetest bestie ever) sent me the most gorgeous tulips.



i needed a little sugar and fun to start my 26th year off right!

i really appreciate all the birthday wishes, cards (even the ones made with crayon and the old lady cat card) and surprises that made my week so great! also, thank you m&d for my new fleece! sydney and i are going to arm wrestle to see who gets it first.

.............

now if you'll excuse me...i need to eat my nutritious breakfast.
everyone has their inner-kindergartner, right? (mine just happens to love left-over DQ birthday cake...no judging).

here's to another great year!

No comments: